We welcome all people into our properties and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability, national origin, color, familial status, or religion. The federal and state Fair Housing Acts prohibit such discrimination and also requires landlords/housing providers to reasonable accommodate all disabled residents.
As management, we will permit all reasonable accommodations in rules, policies, practices or services as well as all reasonable requests to modify the premises to allow disabled applicants or residents their unit, including public and common use areas.
If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation (such as a service/companion animal or an exception to the late rent policy to coincide with when you receive disability income), or a reasonable modification to your unit (such as a ramp to get in and out of your door, doorway widened, light fixtures or outlets moved, or handrails installed in the shower), please contact management. Such requests may be made verbally or in writing. You may be requested to provide an explanation of why you need the accommodation or modification. In some cases, for example if your disability is not noticeable, we may request medical documentation, such as a letter from your medical provider, which will be kept confidential. Also, all requests for accommodation or modification will only be shared with our staff or agents as necessary to act on the request.
Where a disabled applicant or resident requests a reasonable modification to an existing unit necessary for the resident to fully enjoy his or her unit, depending on the modification requested, the applicant/resident may be responsible for the cost of the modification pursuant to applicable federal and Ohio Law.
We may also condition a modification made at the disabled resident’s expense on the disabled resident doing one or more of the following:
Notwithstanding the above paragraph, a tenant shall not be required to remove or restore to original condition: the widening of a doorway; the moving of environmental controls, light fixtures, electrical switches or outlets; or lowered door swing latches, and similar minor modifications.
Management has an obligation to provide a prompt response to reasonable accommodation and modifications requests. When a disabled applicant or resident requests a reasonable accommodation and/or modification, management will immediately
begin the process to evaluate the applicant’s/resident’s request. Some reasonable accommodation requests may receive an immediate response, such as an accommodation to a no pets rule for a seeing-eye dog for an individual who is blind. Other reasonable accommodation and/or modification requests, such as widening the doorways, may take up to 5 business days. If the response is not immediate, management will give the requester, at the time the request is made, a timeline for a decision and will establish a way to maintain contact about the progress of the decision. Management will notify the requester if there is a change in the decision timeline. Requesters will be verbally notified of decisions and all decisions will be forwarded to the requester in a written response within 5 business days of the verbal response. If your request for reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification is denied by us, our written response will explain the reason for our denial. If requested, management can also give you a list of agencies which may be able to answer any questions you may have about your requested accommodation or modification and rights to fair housing and equal housing opportunity.
Terms and Conditions
Any individuals who will be living in the apartment including the applicant and all other occupants must be listed. Each Leaseholder and each Occupant are required to complete a separate application. All Leaseholders and Applicants must apply using their legally given names.
M & J Management Corp., as agent for Owner, is hereinafter called “Owner”. The undersigned, hereinafter called “Applicant”, hereby apply for and offer to rent from Owner the apartment hereinafter described on the terms hereinafter set forth. In the event Owner accepts this application, Applicant shall lease the apartment from Owner on a standard form of “Agreement of Lease”. If a lease is executed, this application is hereby incorporated in the lease. It is expressly agreed by Owner that all information supplied on this application will be maintained in the strictest confidence. It is understood by Applicant that this application is preliminary only, and involves no obligation by Owner to approve or to deliver occupancy of the apartment hereinafter described. Until execution and delivery of a lease agreement to Applicant, Owner reserves the right to reject this application for any reason at any time, at its sole discretion.
1) No pets weighing more than 40 lbs (full growth) are permitted. The following breeds of dog are prohibited: Rottweiler, Doberman Pincher, Chow Chow, Pitbull, Presa Canarios, and German Shepherd.
2) Pets are only permitted with a signed Pet Addendum and a Pet Deposit paid in full at move-in.
1) Motorcycles, campers, recreational vehicles, boats, boat trailers, trucks and commercial vehicles are not permitted without Owner’s prior written permission.
2) Regardless of date of possession, the term of the lease shall be set forth in the lease.
3) The balance of the security deposit, pet deposit and the first rental payment is due on the date of possession and shall cover the remainder of said month.
4) If payment is returned as unpaid from resident's bank, resident will be charged a $50.00 NSF fee and late fees of $50.00 plus $25.00/day beginning the day after the move-in date.
5) If payment is returned as unpaid from the resident's bank, all future payments will be required in the form of money order, cashier’s check or credit card. No checks will be accepted in the future.
6) All future rental payments shall be due on or before the first day of the month for the upcoming month.
7) Apartment rental does not include electric and/or gas, which will be separately metered and billed directly to the resident. Resident is responsible for establishing and maintaining service for the duration of the lease. Proof that the utilities have been established in resident’s name must be provided before keys will be released. If at any time during resident’s occupancy, services are returned to Owner’s name, resident will be assessed a fee of $50.00 for each bill Owner receives that includes service during occupancy. The Owner covers water, sewer, and trash removal service for a $40.00/month utility administration fee.
8) Applicant represents: that they are not now renting property under any other name: that they have never been dispossessed from any property: and that they are not now being dispossessed of a rental property.
9) Applicant/Resident must notify Owner of any changes to the information provided on this application.
10) It is understood that Owner may from time-to-time adopt additional rules and regulations, that Applicant is required to abide by, and that any violation thereof shall constitute a default under the lease.
11) It is fully understood that residents must notify Owner of any change in person(s) whom reside with them. Persons under the age of 18 residing or visiting resident shall be the responsibility of such resident. Should Applicant become a Resident, he/she agrees to supervise such persons at all times. Applicant is especially reminded that within the apartment community there are unrestricted water areas, and the Applicant is responsible for keeping minors away from such areas at all time.
12) Satellite Dishes are permitted but must adhere to The Sexton Companies’ guidelines. Must be contained within leased premises but in no way permanently attached to any structure including the building and the fence. No holes can be drilled in the building for cables or otherwise.
Holding Deposit and Application Fee
1) The Holding Deposit is paid to hold a particular apartment or to hold a place on the waiting list.
2) Once an address is assigned and the application is approved, the holding deposit will be applied to the security deposit when the lease is executed.
3) If the applicant refuses to enter into a lease with the owner after an address is assigned, the holding deposit will be forfeited.
4) If the owner does not approve the application, the holding deposit will be refunded in full.
5) While on the waiting list, the applicant can request a refund of the holding deposit at any time prior to the assignment of an address.
Applicant Authorization and Release
Notice to Applicant: As part of M&J Management Corp’s. (as agent for the Owner for the apartment community) (and referred to herein as “Owner”) applicant screening process, it may obtain a consumer report or investigative consumer report with respect to an applicant. This information will be obtained from a consumer reporting agency (hereinafter “agency”), and will be evaluated with other information obtained during the screening process. The consumer report will not be used for any other purpose. If an investigative consumer report, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), is prepared, the Applicant may request a written summary of the nature and scope of the report and a written summary of rights under the FCRA.
Applicant’s Authorization and Release: Applicant hereby authorizes Owner to obtain a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report from a consumer reporting agency regarding him/her. Applicant hereby releases Owner, its agents, and employees from any liability in connection with their use of the report or their reliance thereon in connection with any decision made by them. The undersigned understands that this report may also include information obtained from Applicant’s prior employers, landlords, and government agencies. The information obtained by Owner may include, but is not limited to records relating to the Applicant’s rental history, driving record, credit reports, criminal background, civil action record, and other experiences as well as claims involving the undersigned in the files of insurance companies. Applicant understands that these records may also include information as to the undersigned’s character, work habits, performance, and experience along with reasons for termination of past employment and engagements. Applicant hereby gives Owner consent to obtain any information described above, including but not limited to rental history, employment, and criminal and credit history, past or present.
I further authorize my current and former employer(s) and landlord(s) to release any and all information requested by Owner. Applicant authorizes, without reservation, any party or agency contacted by Owner or any third party used by Owner to furnish the above-mentioned information.
This Authorization and Release authorizes Owner, The Sexton Companies, or their affiliates to obtain any of the information described above as a condition of entering into or in connection with each new lease that is signed (renewal or on-site transfer). This Authorization and Release will be considered valid in connection with residency at any Sexton Community.